Our soil testing service is particularly well suited to sites where both time and space is at a premium.
The waste producer has the legal responsibility to classify any waste they generate and our service provides the customer with clear and concise interpretation of chemical data within a Waste Classification Summary Report.
It is important for waste producers to remember that the costs associated with carrying out a more thorough approach to sampling and analysis can be negated if the volumes of Hazardous waste removed from the site can be reduced by even a single load.
Technical Guidance WM3; Guidance on the classification and assessment of waste (1st Edition 2015) changed the way waste producers should classify waste. The introduction of Appendix D: Waste Sampling sets out new guidance for soil testing compliance.
Limited chemical data is a common problem when looking to remove soil based waste materials and it can lead to the following difficulties;
- Historic site investigation data is often not designed for waste classification and can be insufficient, inaccurate, outdated and non-compliant with WM3.
- Incorrect classification can drastically increase disposal/transportation costs.
- It can potentially breach legislation.
- Having a transparent and defensible audit trail reduces a company’s risks.
- Delays incurred waiting for soil testing results to return will often effect programme of work resulting in unnecessary increased costs.
Soil test kits
As we strive to constantly improve our service levels we aim to provide our customer with reduce costs and increased efficiency.
A large percentage of sampling requirements across the UK involve stockpiled material which requires a basic sampling process and is suited to self-sampling.
Our Soil Testing Kit has been designed with a list of easy to follow instructions to ensure that soil samples are taken to prevent deviating samples and ensure accurate data is recorded. Time and costs can be saved by eradicating unnecessary mobilization of a Site Engineer to take the samples and same day courier collection can be arranged to collect and delivery the samples to our test laboratory.
Soil Testing Kits can be posted individually or can be distributed to each of your regional depots and then subsequently circulated to your sites. We can also carry out toolbox talks at your depots to run through correct sampling procedures.
The kits are suitable for classification of small stockpiles of material and will save both time and money on your projects throughout the UK.
What the soil sample testing kit includes:
2 x Sample Jars
Free courier collection
Testing at UKAS & MCERTS accredited laboratory
Soil Test Site Visit
Standard Provision recommended for bulk volumes of spoil removal and new sites.
- Preparation of sampling plan in accordance with WM3.
- Mobilisation of Site Engineer within 24 hours, to attend site to advise on sample plan, segregation strategy and carry out all sampling requirements. Standard testing suite & waste classification interpretation.
Cost of the testing to include the following;
- Metals(total) As/Cd/Cr/Cu/Pb/Hg/Ni/Se/Zn.
- Chromium (III & VI), pH, PAH (EPA16), PAH (Oil8), TPH (C5-C10, C10-C25, C25-C40).
- TPH chromatogram to be included in results.
- Provision of sample test results within 5 working days.*
- Testing carried out at UKAS accredited laboratory with MCERTS (soil) standard.
- Interpretation of the sample test results proving the correct waste classification for each sample location.
- Provision of Waste Classification Report
- HazWasteOnline summary
- Report to include site description and sample methodology, sample location plan, site photographs, waste classification, segregation strategy and waste treatment and removal options.
Soil Sample Testing Kit
Suitable for smaller volumes of stockpiled material
> Preparation of sampling plan in accordance with WM3.
> Provision of Ecofficiency Soil Sample Testing Kit.
> Special delivery by Royal Mail (will be delivered the following day before 13:00hrs if ordered before 14:00hrs).
> Standard testing suite & waste classification interpretation.
Cost of the testing only to include the following;
> Metals (total) As,Cd,Cr,Cu,Pb,Hg,Ni,Se,Zn.
> Chromium (III & VI), pH, PAH (EPA16), PAH (Oil8), TPH (C5-C10, C10-C25, C25-C40).
> TPH chromatogram to be included in results.
> Courier collection – following working day if ordered before 14:00.
> Provision of sample test results within 5 working days.*
> Testing carried out at UKAS accredited laboratory with MCERTS (soil) standard.
> Provision of Waste Classification Summary Report.
> HazWasteOnline summary
The above test suites will provide sufficient coverage for the majority of sites in the UK. In the event that additional contaminants such as asbestos or PCBs are suspected due to the sites history then please call us on 0800 0305051 and we can advise on correct testing requirements.